Monday, October 21, 2013

Fashionable Side--Favorite Accessories

So I’ve given you a taste of my favorite clothes, but I must admit that I feel naked without my accessories. A girl with no accessories is like a cake with no frosting: good, but painfully missing the added charm of roses made of buttercream...And bonus: No matter how many times you wear a certain piece, you can always throw on a different pair of earrings or necklace to give it a brand new feel. 

Here are just a few of my favorite finishing touches. 

Pearls

The perfect example of an “outfit making piece”, a simple string of these white beads can easily add class to even the most simple combo. Throw on a bracelet with a t-shirt and jeans. Layer a necklace under a collared shirt. It’s the fastest way to look like you’ve spent a good chunk of time designing a look, even when you just rolled out of bed after your last alarm.

Cameos

There is something so enchanting about the classic look of a cameo piece. The subtle contrast of color and depth; the grace and poise of a silhouette frozen in time...Please, excuse my poetics but this style has inspired a small obsession of mine...

Fashion Scarves and Neckties
...while these are a very large obsession of mine, at least as far as my collection of scarves is concerned (18 in total!). I just love neckwear and sometimes a simple piece of jewelry is not enough. Scarves are a relatively cheap and easy way to add a bit of flare to your everyday wardrobe, like a more casual alternative to pearls. Yes, they're infinitely cozy when made of wool, but why limit scarves to the coldest days of the fall and winter seasons? 


And why should ties be a "men’s only" accessory? If you don’t know let me be the first to tell you: women look great in men’s wear. It doesn’t even have to be a grand affair; a button up and jeans would do nicely. I only have "good" two ties at the moment because it’s worth it to be a bit more picky when shopping for them. You can always find a decent one for cheap, just make sure that you don’t overlook the level of quality when tempted by a good deal. 

(PRO TIP: If you’re gonna wear a tie, you might as well go all the way. Look up the instructions for some of the more complicated knots, like the Windsor. Believe me, there’s no better feeling than a man doing a double take because you can tie a knot better than he can.)

Do you share some of my obsessions? What are some of your favorite accessories?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Concerns? Disagree with me completely? Think that video games and fashion is a horrible combination and that I should go back to my (non-existant) day job?

Leave a comment! Every opinion is welcome here--even that last one--as long as you're polite and courteous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...