Thursday, August 9, 2012

Gaming Dipped in Gold...Paint: Club Nintendo Gold Nunchuk

Because even Nintendo cares about matching accessories.
The gold Wii Remote offered with Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was a pretty big deal but it left most people wondering why Nintendo didn't release a nunchuk to match. Now the wait is finally over!

I'm not sure if anyone was still waiting for it (I wasn't), but better late than never.

If you're a member of the Club Nintendo rewards program, you can receive this new accessory by trading in 900 of your hard-earned coins. Before you get too excited, Nintendo wants to point out that the nunchuk "will simply be gold in color and does not contain any precious metals". You know, just in case you were thinking about melting it or selling to a jeweler.

Isn't the white cord a bit tacky though? I don't think it would have taken too much effort to make match the rest of the controller, but I know nothing of the processes involved. Maybe it does.

I should stop complaining about "free" stuff.

Have you joined Club Nintendo? Are you going to be redeeming your coins to snatch this prize up?

2 comments:

  1. I laughed when I saw that too! Man Nintendo! I really wanted there to be real precious metals in my gold-colored nunchuk!

    In all seriousness, though, I probably will get it...if I can earn 280 coins before supplies run out. I could actually use another nunchuk, and since it'll match my gold-colored remote, that's just an awesome bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll pass on this one. I'm not going to get the coins any time soon and I ended up getting Skyward Sword without the remote so there's really no point in it for me. I still think it's good they finally made it available though.

      Delete

Questions? Concerns? Disagree with me completely? Think that video games and fashion is a horrible combination and that I should go back to my (non-existant) day job?

Leave a comment! Every opinion is welcome here--even that last one--as long as you're polite and courteous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...